Monday, January 11, 2010

Spanish Class and Evacs

So my 3 week orientation consists of 2 weeks of Spanish instruction. Today we took some tests and I tested into Group 4 out of 5 Groups, organized from lowest level (1) to highest level (5). For not taking a Spanish class in 4 years, I'm really happy about my Group 4 placement. Other people in my group have studied for 7,8 years while I've studied 4. Not to be annoying but I'm very happy with it. There's only 4 of us in my group which is great and I'm looking forward to being challenged and improving as much as possible in these 2 weeks.\

That said, my Spanish has much much to be improved. But i'm optimistic for my Spanish in 6 months.

Also, 4 of my companeros had to switch placement sites today. They were originally placed close to this: http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/americas/Costa-Rican-Volcano-Erupts-80904842.html . They'll find their new placement sites tomorrow.

No comments: