- In general, women here are generally heavier on top and have these very skinny skinny legs. However, the fashion here is to never wear shorts or skirts, only long jeans, and then tiniest, tightest tops ever. I have seen straight nipple on more than one occasion of a girl or WOMAN just walking down the street. Fashion is ironic and cruel.
- Ticos really are a nice, generous people. I've been very surprised and grateful that their reputation thus far has proven true. Me and the fruit man are pretty much best friends here, even though I've never bought anything from him.
- Stray dogs here are all extremely nice, affectionate, and lovely. These strays are like rent-a-buddies, joining you for an hour or two and following you around. They'll be your best pal for a little while and then leave when they're ready. And both parties benefit from having a companion, albeit for a short while.
- Roosters need to go extinct. If chickens could fertilize themselves that would be ideal. It is urban myth that roosters crow soulfully in the morning and rouse people out of bed like a Folgers coffee commercial. In truth, they start crowing at 4 o'clock in the morning and do not stop all. day. I've counted, sometimes they'll crow more than every 5 seconds. I hate them passionately. There's one family with one next door and I've been up since 4 this morning. I love animals but I would be lying that I haven't fantasized about kicking one (lightly).
- Howler monkeys sound like rabid, angry, squealing hogs and are thoroughly terrifying and horrible looking/sounding. I saw and heard some in Cahuita and am so thankful they will be far away from me in Buenavista.
Until next post-
No comments:
Post a Comment