Saturday, January 9, 2010

Journal Entry from, Friday, January 8, 2010 [with notes 1-9-2010]

  • Just arrived in Orosi, am staying with a host family for three weeks with Ines and Roberto, a couple with 2 live in children ages 13 and 7, [the other two are older, married, and live elsewhere]
  • Host family [note: I was extremely tired when I wrote this down last night]
    • Sick house, two stories, right in the center of town, "wireless internet" available [doesn't work], HUGE playroom for the kids, tv, pictures of the kids' First Communions everywhere.
    • Sad dog in garage [don't get me started, looks just like Louie. Is skinny and is tied to a rope and kept in the out door garage. Petted it and my hands stank so bad I had to rush to wash them. I hear it barking and I stop all conversation and try not to freak out]
    • Mother amazing [she was one of the only host moms to participate in the Family Field Day, mentioned later]
    • Dad initially intimidating but good, jokes a lot. But is this HUGE guy with a pockmarked, serious face.
    • Hard ass bed [apparently they are in the process of buying a new one. I don't know why they would only buy one now. It is not a mattress. It is a wood plank bed with a 6 inch piece of foam on top of it. Not memory foam.]

No comments: