I had a weirdly successful Valentines. So what if the chocolate bar I received was from Jorge, some weird “half crazy” (-Flor) cousin of Juan’s who sat next to me on the bus. Well over 30, he enjoys 6 hour long Catholic conventions and weeping "for days" after 9/11. Apparently he has no job, no money and ambles along the dirt road all day for no reason. Ladies, let me know if you're interested.
Marlon also decided to be chivalrous and gave me a toy from a box of candy he likes. (Yesterday he chastised me for not taping it to my wall with the other one, I’ll be doing that later.) So I made out pretty good. Truthfully, this has been the most momentous Valentine’s I’ve had yet. (STEVE POSSEMATO DOES NOT COUNT)
A quick note about me with kids. Oddly, I kind of like some of them. They’re cute enough to be forgivable in first and second grade and I got lucky with my 4th and 6th grades. My 3rd graders are monsters and today I had to legitimately scream at them all class. My 5th graders have major attention problems but they’re sweet kids. Children here also like to give you presents, so that makes them better overall. Monday alone I was given 2 flowers and brought homemade bread.
And then there’s Pablo one of my first graders. At first I thought he was a special needs kid because he looks just like Ryan did when he was little. My brother doesn’t have special needs, but he LOOKED like it as a baby. Egghead. Anyways, Pablo also makes goofy expressions and sounds like a space invader when speaking English, what’s not to like?
I also appreciate kids because only kids will still want to hang out with you after you tell them broken versions of, “You are not funny”, “You are acting like a baby” or “I’m going to tell your mother.” I said all of these wenchy things to Marlon on Monday when I was stranded with him all afternoon. Neither my insults or threats worked. Flor screams and kind of slaps at him all day, to the point where I feel uncomfortable and hide in my room a lot, but I’ll probably have to too (sans slaps). Wenchy or not, maybe that’ll stop him from taking baths in the washing machine.
From: Thursday, February 18, 2010
I would also like to note that the local youth (high school) is crazy for theatre and has meetings in the salon next door to my house. Some pubescent manboy just finished a soul wrenching, vein popping monologue that received boisterous applause. Only eye rolling from me in my hate den, but I also avoided going on a walk today because their massive group scared me. Clearly I’m not one to judge.
Pictures up on Picasa.
1 comment:
steve possemato will always count.
Post a Comment