In San Isidro for the night since I didn't have classes today. This week has dragged on forever and I've sort of been bumming out so I'm taking the night to watch TV and download podcasts on itunes.
Anyways, I'm sitting in my internet spot Cafe Delicias and the funniest thing just happened next to me:
A Tica woman speaking perfect English just went up to this huge black guy sitting next to me and asked him if he'd be interested in Spanish classes on Fridays. He was very polite and declined. Without skipping a beat she countered, "well then you should probably have one of these" and offered him a "neck cooler" which was some absurd cloth thing filled with "cooling beads" that one wears (apparently in public). This guy, god bless him, was so nice and pretended to be excited and interested in it, feeling it, saying nice things about it.
Meanwhile me and this gringo guy across the cafe caught each other's eye and started flat out LAUGHING because this was all absurd and hilarious. I just got over my fit of giggles and this happened 10 minutes ago.
I made eye contact again with him after the zany lady left to which i burst out laughing again. Alone this time.
It's the little, insignificant things I often feel compelled to write about.
No comments:
Post a Comment