Friday, March 5, 2010

Witch

I forgot to mention how teaching is going. It´s getting a lot easier, and it´s amazing how quickly you can go from being intimidated by children to becoming a shrew. I make them get in a line and show me their notebooks before they can leave my class. Today 1st and 2nd grade came into the room without my permission and I made all of them get up again and do it over. With my permission and in an order and according to a new seating chart.

I´ve also rediscovered how funny charades is. I did it with my classes the other day and I just sat in the back of class and laughed and laughed.

Random: On the way to school yesterday I was beckoned over my a middle aged man I have never seen nor met so he could cut me a rose from his garden. For no other reason than he is nice, has beautiful roses, and likes to share them.

Random: I literally am in love with Tomas the cat. He thinks he´s a dog and I am all too happy to pretend he is one too. He rolls over so I can scratch his belly, and greets me every morning. And today I posed him with my aforementioned rose and he was a graceful model.

No comments: