Thursday, January 20, 2011

El Fin-

There are gaping holes in my last month of Costa Rica. I never covered climbing up Chirripo, saying goodbye to close friends, going to Nicaragua or my school's graduation, or leaving Flor and Juan crying on the front porch. Since then, I have been swept in the whirlwind of Christmas, New Years, New York City, and the freezing cold. But nevertheless, all those things happened and I would be happy to tell you about them in person sometime.

Going away this year was something I had to do. I am not without regrets, but looking back I feel an overwhelming sense of nostalgia for my wonderful time there. I got a little brother, made close friends, and witnessed a degree of humility and generosity I hadn’t thought possible. I miss Costa Rica very much although I am happy to be home.

However, January has been difficult for me. It’s been a sudden, hard adjustment to city life, job hunting has only been depressing, and my personal life has taken some hits. But everyday gets better and I’m optimistic about what and who I’ll find in my future. Change is good and things are already looking up.

I just wanted to say thank you for letting me go on my adventure and supporting me throughout. I couldn’t have had such an eye-opening time there without your love and understanding.

Cuidense mucho y que Dios les acompaƱe.

No comments: