Saturday, November 21, 2009

Only a few more weeks

So, I've officially begun the Evacuation of NYC process (packing, cleaning, interviewing people to take my room). While the magnitude of my life change won't hit me for a few more weeks, this start of the moving process is giving some weight to the finality of my decision.

I'm starting to (attempt) to fundraise a bit for my Costa Rican community. I figured it'd give me a lot more an an incentive to actively improve school resources if I had a bit more pressure. Having a discrete amount of money, entrusted to me to spend properly by friends and family, would definitely motivate me to take action. I'd have no excuse not to. I'll keep you all updated on this.

Leaving my little bubble here in NY will be a stressful thing. I've changed and grown a lot in this city. It'll be sad and scary to leave my relationships here and try to forge new bonds. I'm not very good with change, but I look forward to challenging myself and growing out of my "own prison" as friends call it, of self-consciousness and awkwardness.

I should also note that I am too embarrassed about this blog to tell anyone about it for a few weeks. My master plan is to tell people about it right when I'm leaving so nobody gets a chance to tease me about it to my face. My trapped-in-my-own-prison problem is no joke. Anyways, I'll be writing in it about contemporary issues that will be dated by the time you are notified about them. That said, I hope you all have/had a great Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

No comments: